Roving Quality Inspector
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the following
- Performs assigned routine inspections on materials/goods in process, or finished goods where results are compared with company quality standards. Reports results to division manager or supervisor who will make an analysis and take necessary actions.
- Inspects visually for obvious defects.
- Performs detailed visual inspection when necessary to determine quality of product where limits are not clearly defined. Removes defectives and places acceptable product back on line.
- Notifies division manager or supervisor when inspection data exceeds acceptable limits or when major incidents of poor quality are noted.
- Records results on Tool Travelers and reports number of defects found as required.
- Makes recommendation on disposition of questionable product to division manager or supervisor.
- Completes all ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D quality management system training and follows all related procedures/work instructions.
- Follows prescribed plant and safety rules and regulations.
- Performs any and all other related duties as required or directed.
- Ability to train other quality inspectors
- May also need to act as quality assurance auditor, performing hourly checks on all steps of the manufacturing process.
- Dexterity and preciseness required to operator gauging equipment.
- High school or technical school education, or equivalent, with mathematics emphasis.
- Considerable mental and visual effort.
Thank you for contacting us.