Preform Press Operator
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the following
- Operates presses in a safe and efficient manner at the highest rate of speed consistent with low rejects while maintaining production standards.
- Working from preform method sheets or preform traveler, the operator counts out and stacks the proper number of pre-cut fabric blanks as instructed or specified.
- Loads and operators single and/or multi-cavity presses in accordance to the preform method sheet and/or preform traveler.
- Responsible for checking every 10 heats for proper height requirements by using a ruler and/or a height gage.
- Responsible for checking all finished performs for pleats or any other defects that will affect the quality of the finished molded part.
- Fills out all necessary paperwork correctly and turns into lead and/or supervisor at the end of their shift.
- Reports to the set-up, lead and/or supervisor any and all problems with the press and/or tool.
- Moves materials as necessary in the performance of the job or as directed.
- Responsible for dipping fabric when required.
- Packs preforms in bags and delivers to the clickers or inventory clerk.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for checking all equipment that is required to be calibrated before using.
- Responsible for making sure that all spray bottles are labeled correctly.
- Follows all prescribed plant and safety rules and regulations
- Completes all ISO 9001:2015 AS9100D quality training and follows related procedures.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have basic math skills and ability to read a ruler
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs frequently.
Thank you for contacting us.