Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement Engineer
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the following
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs: applying knowledge of product design, fabrication assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished products and process capabilities.
- Provides manufacturing decision making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides customers with first article inspection reports.
- Analyzing customer returns and implementing improvements to avoid them in the future.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required. Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 1-3+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing principles and a basic understanding of Six Sigma methodology is preferred.
- Strong technology capabilities - MS Office as well as general ERP knowledge.
- Ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance.
This position requires a self-driven individual, results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on the task at hand. Reliable, tolerant and determined, empathic communicator, well presented and business like. Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator with the ability to interact with key customers when necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Thank you for contacting us.